Wednesday 4 September 2013

A News Website: Reading, Listening, Vocabulary

Here is a news website which might help you:

You can read and listen to the same news article at three different levels. Read level 1 first and listen to the recording. If this is too easy, read level 2 and listen to the recording.

Then you need to read more texts at the same level. The texts use the same group of words, so the more you read at the same level, the more words you will be able to remember.

Most of the recordings use an American accent, but you may still find them useful.

If you like the website, tell the owners! I'm sure they will appreciate it.

http://www.newsinlevels.com/



20 comments:

  1. First and second leves are easy to understand but the end one is quite diffecult to listen.
    best regard teacher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's useful to know. Thanks, Adel.

      If the first level is *too* easy, then read the second level. It is important that you always practise with the same level because you will read the same words again and again. This will help you to learn and increase your vocabulary.

      Delete
  2. Your blog's contents are useful and helpful to study English.
    You're a interesting and passionate teacher.
    Thank you, Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's cloudy day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prince William helps animals. It is good news.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adel,

      It's good to see that you are using this website regularly. I hope you are finding it useful.

      Ryan

      Delete
  5. Leonardo Muzzone25 October 2013 at 11:14

    Was interesting! I didn't know that about Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I see the meteorite of Russia I will have a lot of fear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Ryan, good for improve listening, reading and vocabulary. I will use this

    ReplyDelete
  8. It s a good aplication to study my listened and grammar.I need to prepare for my exam next week and this is a good tool to practice this weekend. RICARDO RICO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much that will help me more

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha hah Very good Ryan I improve my English. Tanks for help......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Abdulrhman Abouyaqoub25 October 2013 at 11:20

    I like it becaous it was my firest time to heart .

    ReplyDelete
  12. It'svery usefu!!! Reading, listening and vocabulary play a pivotal role in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like this web is nacessary to improve my learing , I really apleasde surprise me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks a lot teacher Ryan because help me

    ReplyDelete