Saturday 26 October 2013

Grammar: Test

Here is a useful link to a grammar test. Every time you take the test, the computer generates a different one.
Oxford Living Grammar is published by Oxford University. You can buy the book to practise. I like the book because there is always a context, a story where you can see how the grammar works in every day situations. However, I think that the grammar explanations are not always very clear.

Anyway, here is the link: https://elt.oup.com/student/livinggrammar/pre/a_test?cc=gb&selLanguage=en You can also test at other levels (elementary, intermediate). There is no explanation here of the grammar: you will need to write down or print your wrong answers and then try and find out more in the Study Centre. Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Ryan for a useful link.
    The link is a good choice when i wanna practice or remind me how to use it correctly
    and Could you possibly recommend me which links are good for practice reading? ( similar with Kaplan online cuz i wanna practice more like that)

    Thank you again and miss your class really

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fhun,

      Thanks for your comment :-) There are links to reading practice on the blog: look at the Labels section at the top and click on Reading.

      Here are two more websites that you might find useful. They are aimed at Intermediate students:

      http://www.usingenglish.com/comprehension/intermediate.html

      http://www.esl-lounge.com/student/reading-intermediate.php

      Delete
    2. Thank you very much lovely teacher :)
      it's really useful for me
      ^___________________^

      Delete
  2. Hi Ryan, I finished my test. I want say you thank for all! Thank you for your help, if you found some little mistakes, it's because I have written very fast. But you know that I know about this LOL =D .. You are very good teacher! See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete