Thursday 24 April 2014

Grammar: Possessives

We often want to talk about things people own or possess. We can do this by using a possessive adjective, or by using the person's name or job +'s (apostrophe s) .

For example, my pen, your car, her phone, his computer, its colour, our class, their books. My, your, her, his, its, our and their are all examples of possessive adjectives.

This is my car. Its wheels are black.

This is my wife. Her hair is blonde. Her name is Shakira.


These are our children. Their hair is different colours.
We can also use +'s to show possession. For example,

Ryan's car is red. The car's wheels are black.
Shakira's hair is blonde.
The children's hair is different colours.

Try these exercises to practise:


(Of course, those are not really my children, and Shakira isn't really my wife. ;-)  )

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Ryan.... I enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mohammed althomali24 April 2014 at 23:48

    thank you ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome teacher Ryan .
    How are you now?
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete