Tuesday 2 July 2013

Travel Agency conversation

Here are some youtube videos of conversations in a travel agency between a customer and a travel agent.

The first uses some American vocabulary and pronunciation.


How polite do you think the travel agent is?
Notice how they talk about dates and times: on Saturday the third of August; at 7 o'clock
Notice how the agent talks about flight times: "it departs at 6 pm, and it arrives in Bangkok at 11.15". She uses a present simple tense to talk about timetables, even though the flight is in the future.

(Teacher says: "62,000 Bahts is £1300!! That's extortionate!!")

Here are two students acting out a travel agent dialogue:



Do you think they are easy to understand? Why (not)?

Do you think you could make a better video? Why not try, and I could put it on the blog!!

4 comments:

  1. In my opinion I prefer the first video because that sound quite clear and don't have other sound to annoying look like in the second video.
    For me, I can do that video but I think it's not better because my pronounciation and my acting aren't good. ^^"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to listen for these videos, so I think this the best idea to improve our language.
    Thank you so much Ryan.


    Tarek

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the vedios .
    Thank you rayan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks team,

    I'm glad you liked the videos. I'll try and find more videos like this for other kinds of conversation.

    ReplyDelete